hooligans bc*cc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
hooligans bc*cc

Home of the hooligans bicycle and car club of Sacramento, Ca

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

65 Shelby Cobra replica

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cobrafreak

65 Shelby Cobra replica Empty
PostSubject: 65 Shelby Cobra replica   65 Shelby Cobra replica Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan - 11:07

65 Shelby Cobra replica P5150007

12.2 1/4 mile @ 125 mph. 152 mph top speed.

65 Shelby Cobra replica P2090011

Last edited by cobrafreak on Sat 15 Jan - 19:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zoso
Pedal Grinder
zoso

PostSubject: Re: 65 Shelby Cobra replica   65 Shelby Cobra replica Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan - 23:40

I'd love one of those replicas. What type of motor does it have? You build it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mayisbikemonth.com
cobrafreak

PostSubject: Re: 65 Shelby Cobra replica   65 Shelby Cobra replica Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jan - 7:12

zoso wrote:
I'd love one of those replicas. What type of motor does it have? You build it?

I was about to build my own when I saw this one for sale on the web. The poor guy was going through some hard times and he had to sell at a loss. He did a lot of performance work that I could not have touched myself at the price point. I have however taken the whole car apart and put it back together with a few special things of my own, like a heater for cold weather! It has a Ford 302 because it was the lightest stock block that could be used at the time, running around 350hp.
Back to top Go down
karfer67
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 65 Shelby Cobra replica   65 Shelby Cobra replica Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jan - 23:11

dude i will so pull rank and make you a member if you let me drive that Twisted Evil trust me though that would be bad there would be nothing left of the rear tires when i got back. want proof go on youtube and look up 1962 ranchero burnout!!
Back to top Go down
https://hooligansbc-cc.forumotion.com
cobrafreak

PostSubject: Re: 65 Shelby Cobra replica   65 Shelby Cobra replica Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan - 7:10

karfer67 wrote:
dude i will so pull rank and make you a member if you let me drive that Twisted Evil trust me though that would be bad there would be nothing left of the rear tires when i got back. want proof go on youtube and look up 1962 ranchero burnout!!

I will give you a ride, but I need my tires to last a little. They are on the expensive side of things. I promise you that the cobra is the burnout king though. It only weights 2000lbs. It wants to go sideways on a dry day all the time.
Back to top Go down
karfer67
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 65 Shelby Cobra replica   65 Shelby Cobra replica Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan - 22:33

just dont let turbo drive it or this will happen lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTEvJ2Tl8Ss
Back to top Go down
cobrafreak

PostSubject: Re: 65 Shelby Cobra replica   65 Shelby Cobra replica Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jan - 8:26

Lol, Yeah, I've seen that video before. High power to weight ratio cars need to be driven with a real "fear of the car". If you are not in total control of what you are doing it is just a matter of time till you wreck. I've driven my car in the rain before. I was the slowest car out. I had to be. affraid
Back to top Go down
karfer67
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 65 Shelby Cobra replica   65 Shelby Cobra replica Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jan - 14:35

that video is so funny in a way my thought is why would anyone let anyone drive a cobra that obviously is either scared or has never driven a stickshift? i dont get it
Back to top Go down
whitewall
Pedal Grinder
whitewall

PostSubject: Re: 65 Shelby Cobra replica   65 Shelby Cobra replica Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan - 14:48

if they were married it is time for a divorce. if they were not it is time for a new girlfriend. if he is just single and stupid he is without his car. when it is fixed may he blow out of the cockpit at 150 and the car go find a new owner. Laughing
Back to top Go down
cobrafreak

PostSubject: Re: 65 Shelby Cobra replica   65 Shelby Cobra replica Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan - 11:26

What if it was his car, but SHE paid for it? pale
Back to top Go down
whitewall
Pedal Grinder
whitewall

PostSubject: Re: 65 Shelby Cobra replica   65 Shelby Cobra replica Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan - 13:20

then they should take a page from solomon and cut the baby or each buy or build thier own car. Hers should be one they can afford to lose. I really mean that if she wants to drive race car on the street and cannot she needs some track days in a 914 or something less than a cobra. lol!
Back to top Go down
whitewall
Pedal Grinder
whitewall

PostSubject: Re: 65 Shelby Cobra replica   65 Shelby Cobra replica Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan - 14:26

Cobras, GT40s, and the best of the Corvettes and thier replicas are the top of the american heap and were first built to race at lemonds and in the trans america against ferrari lotus and the like. These are not for beginners even thier makers knew it and mustang and camero exist between them and the sedans. It is the same false logic the allows people to cosign for thier kids to buy race replica motorcycles that they have no skill developed to ride. We in my family owned a kawasaki dealership in modesto for 7 or so years and many ninjas and zx series bikes can back totaled in a few weeks of purchase with a story of some kid in the hospital or worse. It was to much for my dad. Dont get me wrong these cars are beautiful in shape and purpose of design and raw power. If you really want to know ones potential and you gut limit you have to let it run open on a track public or private. The girl is an obvious beginner to a competiton clutch and did not appear too let off the power when she drifted i even bet she thought the brakes were the ansewer instead of the steering. Just goes to show just bacause you can afford a cobra does not mean you can handle its full potential. Heck if they cannot do a 914, there and datsun z cars and 510s, vw scirrocos and carrados to tub out and learn in even old maveric grabbers with manual could learn her!
Back to top Go down
karfer67
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 65 Shelby Cobra replica   65 Shelby Cobra replica Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan - 22:35

it is one of those videos i totally dont understand that could not have been her car. then again there is this famous idiot moment. first leaving the keys in the ignition of your brand new cobra. second letting your idiot son into it who is one of those kids that starts cars. third not putting on the parking brake but instead putting it in first!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzGTOumADn8
Back to top Go down
cobrafreak

PostSubject: Re: 65 Shelby Cobra replica   65 Shelby Cobra replica Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan - 11:07

That second video is famous. I bet the kid now drives a Datsun Honey Bee with automatic and an 8 track player.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 65 Shelby Cobra replica   65 Shelby Cobra replica Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

65 Shelby Cobra replica
Page 1 of 1