hooligans bc*cc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
hooligans bc*cc

Home of the hooligans bicycle and car club of Sacramento, Ca

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

villiers board track racer VIDEO!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
stocksucks

stocksucks

villiers board track racer VIDEO! Empty
PostSubject: villiers board track racer VIDEO!   villiers board track racer VIDEO! Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan - 13:21

Hi there.
An update on the project.
villiers board track racer VIDEO! Nwr6u
Check the whole thing out at http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=33749
Keep rollin'

Last edited by stocksucks on Tue 24 May - 12:47; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
karfer67
Admin

PostSubject: Re: villiers board track racer VIDEO!   villiers board track racer VIDEO! Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan - 22:43

I really like this bike it is raw boardtrack what they are all about. can i make one design suggestion and feel free to tell me to go to hell. the exhaust going straight down. maybe if you made it curve out in front of the down tube then follow it down so it flows with that line. again just a design thought take it as nothing kool bike
Back to top Go down
https://hooligansbc-cc.forumotion.com
foryourride

foryourride

PostSubject: Re: villiers board track racer VIDEO!   villiers board track racer VIDEO! Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan - 20:57

looks good
Back to top Go down
stocksucks

stocksucks

PostSubject: Re: villiers board track racer VIDEO!   villiers board track racer VIDEO! Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan - 15:19

Thanks a lot guys.
I appreciate the feed-back karfer, that's what the whole forum thing is about.
I have'nt decided about the exhaust yet. Since it screws on and has an adjustment nut, I can make it go where I want.
Looking at the pic I understand your point and you're probably right. I'll have to figure it out later.
Now I'm wrestling with the clutch alignements... Evil or Very Mad It's been a pain in the ass and it's taking too long. I could already have made a whole new bike!
Keep rollin'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: villiers board track racer VIDEO!   villiers board track racer VIDEO! Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan - 19:15

I LIKE IT.HEY ADAM ARE YOU A LIL BIT OF A CAPTIN HINDSITE Suspect Laughing
Back to top Go down
karfer67
Admin

PostSubject: Re: villiers board track racer VIDEO!   villiers board track racer VIDEO! Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan - 0:57

no greg he is in the building stage i just think something a bit more angled with the downtube may make it blend in more. but its all good nice thing about the straight design is it will probably throw flames alien
Back to top Go down
stocksucks

stocksucks

PostSubject: Re: villiers board track racer VIDEO!   villiers board track racer VIDEO! Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan - 2:12

That would be awsome!
Back to top Go down
stocksucks

stocksucks

PostSubject: Re: villiers board track racer VIDEO!   villiers board track racer VIDEO! Icon_minitimeTue 8 Feb - 13:46

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/sports/watch/v20777783zEsH2YHY

Check it out guys

Keep rollin'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: villiers board track racer VIDEO!   villiers board track racer VIDEO! Icon_minitimeTue 8 Feb - 18:31

COOL VIDEO
Back to top Go down
stocksucks

stocksucks

PostSubject: Re: villiers board track racer VIDEO!   villiers board track racer VIDEO! Icon_minitimeWed 9 Feb - 16:56

Thanks a lot.
Could you guys help me with this?: http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=33749&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=150
Keep rollin'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: villiers board track racer VIDEO!   villiers board track racer VIDEO! Icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb - 22:18

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stocksucks

stocksucks

PostSubject: Re: villiers board track racer VIDEO!   villiers board track racer VIDEO! Icon_minitimeFri 11 Feb - 2:09

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
stocksucks

stocksucks

PostSubject: Re: villiers board track racer VIDEO!   villiers board track racer VIDEO! Icon_minitimeFri 4 Mar - 2:45

Hey there folks.
I have'nt posted anything for a while because not much as happened.
Yesterday I finnaly got the piston rings ordered from http://www.villiersparts.co.uk and I'm waiting now for them to arrive.
Meanwhile the btr is all taken apart. I hate to see her like that.
Also I took this interval and I'm almost finishing building this for our kitchen:

villiers board track racer VIDEO! 58793567

villiers board track racer VIDEO! 17525576

Thanks a lot and keep rollin'
Back to top Go down
stocksucks

stocksucks

PostSubject: Re: villiers board track racer VIDEO!   villiers board track racer VIDEO! Icon_minitimeTue 22 Mar - 9:11

Hey there.
Just wanted to share these:
Me and my girl
villiers board track racer VIDEO! Dsc0382q

villiers board track racer VIDEO! Dsc0389o

villiers board track racer VIDEO! Dsc0390v

My three girls
villiers board track racer VIDEO! Dsc0393

Keep rollin’
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: villiers board track racer VIDEO!   villiers board track racer VIDEO! Icon_minitimeTue 22 Mar - 9:22

That little one in the oven gonna want the keys to that racer.

Look want you done. Laughing
Back to top Go down
stocksucks

stocksucks

PostSubject: Re: villiers board track racer VIDEO!   villiers board track racer VIDEO! Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar - 5:15

Very Happy

HELP NEEDED

The engine is runnin’ very nicely. I can get it to idle at low rpm making a really tasty sound.
The carbureator is leaking a bit. Don’t know why, but I guess it’s part of the charm. I’ll deal with that later.
The clutch is giving me a hard time, cause I cant seem to decide what I’ll do. As it is, it does’nt work, and I guess the problem might be the ratio between the sprockets (42 in the front to 36 in the rear wheel), or the fact that the pulley attached to the engine’s shaft is not the original variable thing..
There are two options from my point of view:
Nº1 – Keep the centrifugal clutch assembly like it is, but build a shaft that goes from the free outer casing of the clutch (the one on wich the pads engage) to the oposite side of the bike (right side) and weld a 12 tooth sprocket on it, engaging the chain to the 36 teeth sprocket on the rear wheel.
Pros: Don’t have to chop off everything I’v built so far; possibility of a correct ratio between sprockets
Cons: It’s difficult to get everything correctly alligned; there is a possibility that it won’t work because the problem may be on the pulley attached to the engine’s shaft.
Nº2 – Chop off every thing related to the clutch and build a belt / lever type of transmission.
Pros: No big ratio issues because the two inch pulley will drive a belt to a 20” or 24 ” rim; it would look cool.
Cons: Never done it (but on the other hand I’ve never done nothing like any of these); might be difficult buying the belt; might have to redo some part of the rear triangle.
Help me out guys.
What do you think?
Keep rollin’
Back to top Go down
karfer67
Admin

PostSubject: Re: villiers board track racer VIDEO!   villiers board track racer VIDEO! Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar - 20:16

i think your not spinning the clutch fast enough to get it to grab. too low rpm at the clutch so to speed it up you need a smaller sprocket plain and simple. as is your spinning it at almost 1 to 1.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: villiers board track racer VIDEO!   villiers board track racer VIDEO! Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar - 22:22

THAT THINK IS COOL ,AND CONGRATS ON THE BABY. cheers
Back to top Go down
stocksucks

stocksucks

PostSubject: Re: villiers board track racer VIDEO!   villiers board track racer VIDEO! Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar - 3:38

Thanks pedal grinder.
And you're right karfer.
At the moment i'm trying to order a Hilliard extreme duty clutch with 10 tooth sprocket.
This will eliminate the variable transmission issue and hopefully won't make me do big mods on the frame.
Keep rollin'
Back to top Go down
stocksucks

stocksucks

PostSubject: Re: villiers board track racer VIDEO!   villiers board track racer VIDEO! Icon_minitimeFri 25 Mar - 6:16

Cltuch ordered!
Maenwhile, I’ve assembled the throttle. It’s not a vintage piece, but I’ve shaved it a bit for low-profile look and also passed the cables through the handlebars:
villiers board track racer VIDEO! Dsc0414g

villiers board track racer VIDEO! Dsc0410n

Then I built a bracket for the adjustment bolt
villiers board track racer VIDEO! Dsc0407lp

And connected the cable to the throttle lever on the engine.
villiers board track racer VIDEO! Dsc0409g

It's pretty cool being able to hand control the throttle on the handle bar.
Thanks a lot and keep rollin’
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: villiers board track racer VIDEO!   villiers board track racer VIDEO! Icon_minitimeFri 25 Mar - 8:13

Sweet Cool
Back to top Go down
karfer67
Admin

PostSubject: Re: villiers board track racer VIDEO!   villiers board track racer VIDEO! Icon_minitimeSun 27 Mar - 0:31

i dig it nice and clean. hey you said it leaks fuel and from that shot it looks like it is leaking between the head and the manifold. maybe make a gasket for it if one is not available.
Back to top Go down
stocksucks

stocksucks

PostSubject: Re: villiers board track racer VIDEO!   villiers board track racer VIDEO! Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar - 3:45

Hey there.
Sorry for the absence.
That's it karfer. I'm gonna make another gasket, in fact, two gaskets: one for the intake and another for the exhaust (they'r both busted).
I'm having another issue to solve: the exhaust keeps getting oil dirty. But Mad if it has new piston rings Mad and if the valves were turned Mad how can that be possible??
Keep rollin
PS - I'm waiting for the clutch. I've got new devilries on my mind and they'r gona change the bike a bit.
Back to top Go down
karfer67
Admin

PostSubject: Re: villiers board track racer VIDEO!   villiers board track racer VIDEO! Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar - 10:28

valve guides are probably toast. and make sure what ever the breather on that engine is that it is sorta clean. if there is a lot of back pressure in the crank case when running it will push oil out everywhere. also if you put new rings in it well it will take awhile for them to seat so some blow by is normal especially if the bore of the cylinder has some scratches which i am willing to bet it does.
Back to top Go down
stocksucks

stocksucks

PostSubject: Re: villiers board track racer VIDEO!   villiers board track racer VIDEO! Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar - 5:20

Hey there
I think i'll have it sit for a while to see what happens. What do you think karfer?
Meanwhile, I got the clutch (long live the Evil-bay)

villiers board track racer VIDEO! Dsc0451g

villiers board track racer VIDEO! Dsc0453n

Now, the new devilry:
I’ll have a filling for the shaft and make a keyway to get the clutch on.
Then I’ll run a chain onto a 10 tooth sprocket that will be attached to a shaft on that crank shaft. This crank shaft will have another 10 tooth sprocket on the oposite side, running another chain to the 36 tooth sprocket on the rear wheel.
Got it? I’m allways affraid that what I write is a bit confusing..
I guess this is a solid idea..
Thanks a lot and keep rollin’.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: villiers board track racer VIDEO!   villiers board track racer VIDEO! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

villiers board track racer VIDEO!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next