hooligans bc*cc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
hooligans bc*cc

Home of the hooligans bicycle and car club of Sacramento, Ca

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello from a grandad bicycle rider

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Hello from a grandad bicycle rider Empty
PostSubject: Hello from a grandad bicycle rider   Hello from a grandad bicycle rider Icon_minitimeSat 1 Jan - 14:59

Hello, my name is Jim and I registered with pedalgrinders a few minutes back. My son pointed me to this site. I occasionally read posts at RatRod. I ride a 1947 modified Schwinn cruiser, banana seat, apehangers. I think karfer67 is the technician at College Cyclery who has done work on my bike before. I think I'll hang around the forums occasionally and add something when I'm able.

Keep riding,
offbeatjim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a grandad bicycle rider   Hello from a grandad bicycle rider Icon_minitimeSat 1 Jan - 15:38

WELCOME JIM COME OUT AND RIDE WITH US SOME TIME AND YES THAT IS THE SAME KARFER.
Back to top Go down
karfer67
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a grandad bicycle rider   Hello from a grandad bicycle rider Icon_minitimeSat 1 Jan - 15:53

hmmmm 47 schwinn is this the green one with the apes that i set up for skiplink? welcome i am no longer with college and am on my own if you need something done to your bike let me know. and feel free to speak your mind, here we are not as clean cut as on rat rod bikes. again welcome!!!
Back to top Go down
https://hooligansbc-cc.forumotion.com

PostSubject: yeh, that's me   Hello from a grandad bicycle rider Icon_minitimeSat 1 Jan - 16:46

Maybe I will join for a ride.

Green bike with apehangers, yep. You described it as having a "patina." Skiplink? Don't think so. You put special wheels on it to hold my weight. You'll recognize it when you see it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: If by "skip links" you meant   Hello from a grandad bicycle rider Icon_minitimeSat 1 Jan - 17:35

If by "skip links" you meant that you ground down parts on the rear hub to allow for the links on my older chain to grip, yep, that's my bike.
Back to top Go down
karfer67
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a grandad bicycle rider   Hello from a grandad bicycle rider Icon_minitimeSat 1 Jan - 19:22

yep thats the one welcome dang i am good i love your bike!!!
Back to top Go down
foryourride

foryourride

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a grandad bicycle rider   Hello from a grandad bicycle rider Icon_minitimeSat 1 Jan - 19:25

welcome.......toss up a pic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: I would toss up a pic   Hello from a grandad bicycle rider Icon_minitimeSat 1 Jan - 21:17

I would toss up a pic of my bike if I knew how. If I was to upload a pic to something like Dropbox, would I be able to post it here?
Back to top Go down
karfer67
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a grandad bicycle rider   Hello from a grandad bicycle rider Icon_minitimeSat 1 Jan - 23:18

use photobucket way easier
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a grandad bicycle rider   Hello from a grandad bicycle rider Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from a grandad bicycle rider
Page 1 of 1