hooligans bc*cc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
hooligans bc*cc

Home of the hooligans bicycle and car club of Sacramento, Ca

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dr.Slicks 58 Nomad heart transplant

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Dr.Slicks 58 Nomad heart transplant Empty
PostSubject: Dr.Slicks 58 Nomad heart transplant   Dr.Slicks 58 Nomad heart transplant Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar - 22:53

Dr. Slick has been bringing back rusty corpses from the dead numerous times and this sure as hell won't be the last. One turd at a time. So this is our specimen in question for today. This is my 58 Nomad that is all original including the old oil bath air cleaner. She needs a new heart though. That old tired 283 has 5 dead cylinders so it's time to get her runing again. I've owned her for 6 years now and the last time she saw a city street was 1977. The year i was born! Shocked I need a kool family hauler as well as a bike hauler since both of those families are growing! 2 kids and 2 many bikes! Very Happy So this will be our first installment of how to operate on an old heart without breaking any bones, or getting to dirty in the process. Here we go. Grab a case of beer, sit back, and enjoy the show!!!!!! Very Happy Dr.Slicks 58 Nomad heart transplant Pictures075 Dr.Slicks 58 Nomad heart transplant Pictures076 Dr.Slicks 58 Nomad heart transplant Photo290smaller Dr.Slicks 58 Nomad heart transplant Photo297smaller Dr.Slicks 58 Nomad heart transplant Photo298smaller
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Dr.Slicks 58 Nomad heart transplant   Dr.Slicks 58 Nomad heart transplant Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar - 22:59

O, before you all jump to conclusions and ask why the hell i'm pulling the whole front clip? Well i'm going to repaint the engine compartment and the fenderwells. The front suspension will be rebuilt as well with new dropped spindles. Under the hood will look factory fresh as it did from the assembly line in 1958. The outside will retain it's rusty aged patina for now. It will be a nice crusty sleeper! Laughing Until next time...same slick time, same slick station, with another update so stay tuned kids!
Back to top Go down
karfer67
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Slicks 58 Nomad heart transplant   Dr.Slicks 58 Nomad heart transplant Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar - 10:25

wow i did not realize that was a ps car thats sick i bet that is a spendy gen to replace. whats going into it by the way? u know if you want that 389 pontiac i got come get it. even if you dont use it in there that would be bitchin in that pontiac woodie.
Back to top Go down
https://hooligansbc-cc.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Dr.Slicks 58 Nomad heart transplant   Dr.Slicks 58 Nomad heart transplant Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar - 15:38

The power steering was 1 of the many reasons why i bought it. The OG paint, never been wrecked, blacl plates, and all that exterior stainless is intact and all pretty straight with only a few minor dings! It's always better to start with a clean, complete car instead of hunting down rare parts like trim that i would probably take an eternity to find even on ebay!
Back to top Go down
karfer67
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Slicks 58 Nomad heart transplant   Dr.Slicks 58 Nomad heart transplant Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar - 23:39

gonna paint it or no? do i get to pinstripe it?
Back to top Go down
https://hooligansbc-cc.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Dr.Slicks 58 Nomad heart transplant   Dr.Slicks 58 Nomad heart transplant Icon_minitimeTue 22 Mar - 9:53

Im just painting under the hood. It will look factory fresh in the entire engine compartment. The exterior will stay as is for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Slicks 58 Nomad heart transplant   Dr.Slicks 58 Nomad heart transplant Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr.Slicks 58 Nomad heart transplant
Page 1 of 1