hooligans bc*cc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
hooligans bc*cc

Home of the hooligans bicycle and car club of Sacramento, Ca

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

found bikes in a dumpster!!!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
davethecreep

davethecreep

found bikes in a dumpster!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: found bikes in a dumpster!!!!!   found bikes in a dumpster!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 8 Oct - 17:45

what up all. check this out. i found these two bikes in a dumpster. the guy
was throwing them out! i payed him $8.00 for everything. yes, $8.00 frickn dollars. thats what the crank would of cost me!!! just had to do a little dumpster diving. evidence that stuffs still out there if your in the right
place at the right time! the vin # on the old bike is: ( d315425 ) anyone who knows what year let me know please. thanks, dave. king
found bikes in a dumpster!!!!! SDC11430
found bikes in a dumpster!!!!! SDC11429
Back to top Go down
http://maxwellowen1@hotmail.com

PostSubject: Re: found bikes in a dumpster!!!!!   found bikes in a dumpster!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 8 Oct - 18:49

LETS CHOP THE KICKSTAND OFF THE RED ONE AND WELD IT ON TO FREEBIRD.I LIKE SCHWINN KICKSTANDS NO BOLTS NICE AND CLEAN.
Back to top Go down
davethecreep

davethecreep

PostSubject: kickstand   found bikes in a dumpster!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 8 Oct - 19:00

yep yep, and then we can use the rest of that frame for other bikes!!! who ever needs some tubing.
i was just thinking, that stuff almost ended up in the land fill! thats bugs the crap out of me.
going to do the old bike pink, cherry pie flake over the top, pinstripe it cream and pink then clear it!
repop chrome rims, white walls and cruiser bars. rechrome the goodies and enter it in a show!
add some trophies to the pedalgrinders mantel eh!!!
Back to top Go down
karfer67
Admin

PostSubject: Re: found bikes in a dumpster!!!!!   found bikes in a dumpster!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 9 Oct - 13:04

the cruiser is most likely a hollywood or debutant the paint scallops are the dead give away i think that was the last year they did those style scallops. the year is 4th mo of 63 like i talked to you about. neat find now get to choppin
Back to top Go down
https://hooligansbc-cc.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: found bikes in a dumpster!!!!!   found bikes in a dumpster!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 9 Oct - 13:51

I KNEW IT WASN'T 50'S SMALL HEAD BADGE. WHAT YEAR DID SCHWINN SWITCH TO THE SMALL BADGE ADAM Question
Back to top Go down
davethecreep

davethecreep

PostSubject: dumpster bike   found bikes in a dumpster!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 9 Oct - 15:02

thanks adam. damn you were right on. i started razor bladin away the paint
and found maroon or red type primer. itll make a nice little stocker/with some
custom paint etc. the bars off of the red breeze bike would make good board
tracker or ? if anyone wants um. im not going to use um.
Back to top Go down
karfer67
Admin

PostSubject: Re: found bikes in a dumpster!!!!!   found bikes in a dumpster!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 9 Oct - 16:44

the dark red is the schwinn primer. i have heard and seen different things on when they changed the head badge. i have seen late 59's with the small badge but never a 60 with a large. not yet at least but i am sure if they had frames drilled for the large ones they used them till they ran out.
Back to top Go down
https://hooligansbc-cc.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: found bikes in a dumpster!!!!!   found bikes in a dumpster!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct - 19:08

DANG
8 BUCKS
LUCKY affraid Shocked affraid Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: found bikes in a dumpster!!!!!   found bikes in a dumpster!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct - 22:24

Nice score Dave!! I'll take those boardtrack bars from ya. I got 5 project bikes over here so they'll go on something? What are you going to do with the other older frame with the tank in your other post? I'm interested in it for sure. It's a prewar alright. You can tell by the tank and the chain adjuster screws that adjust the rear wheel out to tighten the frame.
Back to top Go down
davethecreep

davethecreep

PostSubject: prewar bike   found bikes in a dumpster!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct - 22:45

hey slick, i was thinkn about making a cool board track style girls bike out of it. black rims etc. but... i know it would cost me way way too much to try and restore it. i mean its missing everything. so, not really a good resto bike. mmm im gonna sit on it for a while i think. ya the other bars are yours. no prob. rabbit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: found bikes in a dumpster!!!!!   found bikes in a dumpster!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

found bikes in a dumpster!!!!!
Page 1 of 1