hooligans bc*cc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
hooligans bc*cc

Home of the hooligans bicycle and car club of Sacramento, Ca

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'41 Girls Schwinn

Go down 
AuthorMessage
zoso
Pedal Grinder
zoso

'41 Girls Schwinn Empty
PostSubject: '41 Girls Schwinn   '41 Girls Schwinn Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug - 11:21

Picked up a prewar women's frame ages ago from Mike S for my wife. I already have a triple tree front end and the funny headset these frames need.

I bought a tank on ebay some time back and then I thought it didn't fit, but I tried again yesterday and it seems to fit. I've never had a tank before, is some gaps a little normal? they aren't huge gaps, but it's not totally flush with the frame every where.

Slick mentioned the prewar tanks could be different, but folks on RRB thought a 41 might be the same as post war tanks.

'41 Girls Schwinn Image
Back to top Go down
http://www.mayisbikemonth.com

'41 Girls Schwinn Empty
PostSubject: '41 Girls Schwinn   '41 Girls Schwinn Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug - 13:19

I think this is the tank you need. I need one too actually for my prewar girls bike.[img]'41 Girls Schwinn BykYucCGkKGrHqEOKjUEwFdM6TBMSRdJHc_3[/img]
Back to top Go down
zoso
Pedal Grinder
zoso

'41 Girls Schwinn Empty
PostSubject: Re: '41 Girls Schwinn   '41 Girls Schwinn Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug - 17:47

I actually saw a pretty complete womens prewar schwinn with a tank at the recent Reno swap meet (at arco arena). I asked, but it wasn't for sale, it was his show transportation. I snapped some pics though.
Back to top Go down

'41 Girls Schwinn Empty
PostSubject: '41 Girls Schwinn   '41 Girls Schwinn Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug - 18:47

I think the 3 different tanks those guys were talking about were the one you have, this one pictured, and the other is a lot more square in front. There was a crusty green girls bike for sale at the cyclefest show with the squarer tank. Did you see it? There's also one that's the same year as the one at cyclefest on ebay right now #140438398818. Pretty cheap and super clean paint except they won't ship it. Just add fenders and done!
Back to top Go down
zoso
Pedal Grinder
zoso

'41 Girls Schwinn Empty
PostSubject: Re: '41 Girls Schwinn   '41 Girls Schwinn Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug - 23:03

Yeah I saw that one for sale. Guy on CABE was selling it I think, or at least linking to it. Lame, these aren't exactly easy to find.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

'41 Girls Schwinn Empty
PostSubject: Re: '41 Girls Schwinn   '41 Girls Schwinn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'41 Girls Schwinn
Page 1 of 1